The Atyap Community Development Association, ACDA, says the unbalanced security report presented by the Military to government was the reason why the continuous killings in Atyapland is persisting.
Addressing a world Press Conference on the persistent attacks and killings in Atyap land, held in Samaru Kataf on Monday, the National President of ACDA, Mr. Samuel Timbuwak Achi, accused the outgoing commander of Sector 7, Operation Safe Haven Kafanchan of taking sides with their killers.
He explained that, the commander in his first quarter report of 2023, deliberately refused to highlight the contributions of the Traditional Council in Atyap land towards maintaining peace in the Chiefdom, which facts are known to him and other security agencies in the area.
Mr Achi, also accused the Sector 7 Commander of deliberately ignoring to include in his report the fact that it is only in Zangon Kataf Urban Hausa settlement that lawless and dangerous Fulani migrant terrorists are harboured with their attendant criminal activities spreading to villages as the major reason attacks are predominantly in Atyapland.
The ACDA National President who said the unfortunate attacks started in Atyapland since 2017, disclosed that so far, 518 people have been gruesomely killed, 20 villages displaced, while 18 villages burnt down, with thousands taking refuge at different locations in southern Kaduna, Kaduna State.
While emphatically calling for the arrest and prosecution of the criminal elements perpetrating the attacks, Mr. Samuel Achi said Enough is enough on the killings and that any further unprovoked attack on any community in the area will attrack a total no go area for rearing cows.
He however, call on the international community and people of goodwill to note that the systematic attacks, killings and burning going on in Atyapland by armed militias with the collaboration of the local Fulani, whom he alleged are being aided and sheltered by the Hausa community in Zangon Urban, is all aimed at taking over their ancestral land which we shall resist with the last drop of their blood.
Salama News reports that the renewed attacks in Ungwan Wakili, Lagson, Atakjei and Runji all in Atyap Chiefdom of Zango Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State has left over 70 people killed, including a 5-year old boy who was beheaded with several property worth millions of naira destroyed.